Welcome to the AK in the UK blog. We’ll be chronicling our jaunt across the three countries on the main Great Britain island: England, Wales and Scotland.
Curious where we’ll be? Well, then. Peruse at your leisure our planned itinerary:
- Aug 31 – Fly Out
- Sep 01 – Land in London. Train to Bristol to acclimate. Sleep in Bristol.
- Sep 02 – Train to Bath and bus to Stonehenge. Sleep in Bristol.
- Sep 03 – Train to Cardiff, Wales. Sleep in Bristol.
- Sep 04 – Train to Moreton-in-Marsh. Sleep in M-i-M.
- Sep 05 – Explore more Cotswolds. Sleep in M-i-M.
- Sep 06 – Train to Liverpool. Sleep in Liverpool.
- Sep 07 – Liverpool. Sleep in Liverpool.
- Sep 08 – Pick up car in AM. Drive through the Lake District. Stay in Keswick.
- Sep 09 – FLY BY THE SEAT OF OUR PANTS! Drive to Oban.
- Sep 10 – Drive to Loch Ness, Inverness, Dingwall. Sleep in Drynachan.
- Sep 11 – Highlands. Isle of Skye. Sleep in Drynachan.
- Sep 12 – Drive to Edinburgh. Sleep in Eburgh.
- Sep 13 – Edinburgh. Sleep in Edinburgh.
- Sep 14 – Edinburgh. Sleep in Edinburgh.
- Sep 15 – Drive to Durham. Hadrian’s Wall. Sleep in Durham.
- Sep 16 – Drive to York. Drop car. Sleep in York.
- Sep 17 – York. Sleep in York.
- Sep 18 – Train to London. Sleep in London.
- Sep 19 – London. Sleep in London.
- Sep 20 – London. Sleep in London.
- Sep 21 – Fly home. 🙁
Updates could happen. We like to change stuff up!
DEPART – Seattle/Tacoma Int’l Airport – Friday August 31, 11:55 AM
ARRIVE – Toronto, Pearson Int’l Airport – Friday August 31, 7:18 PM
DEPART – Toronto, Pearson Int’l Airport – Friday August 31, 9:55 PM
ARRIVE – London, Heathrow Airport – Saturday September 1, 10:00 AM
DEPART – London, Heathrow Airport – Friday September 21, 11:05 AM
ARRIVE – Toronto, Pearson Int’l Airport – Friday September 21, 2:05 PM
DEPART – Toronto, Pearson Int’l Airport – Friday September 21, 5:50 PM
NOTE: THIS FLIGHT IS 1 HOUR LATE! Take off at 6:50 PM.
ARRIVE – Seattle/Tacoma Int’l Airport – Friday September 21, 7:57 PM
Flight times may change, check Air Canada for updates on arrival times.
The trip has started off with the easiest check-in and security pass ever.
We didn’t have the weight of our bags scrutinized and, once at TSA, we didn’t get a pat-down nor did we have to go through the X-ray machine. Score!
London, buckle up. Here we come!
Alex and I are at the airport waiting for our next flight to London. Toronto has a huge airport. Lots of walking to get to our gate. Now we wait…. We haven’t eaten much today and the time change is already messing with me. I’m super tired and still have an 8 hour flight ( twice as long as our first flight ) ahead of us. I’m not a happy flyer so I hope I can sleep most of this leg.
Note to self: take Ativan 60 minutes prior to flight to allow it to work as we take off. First flight was not so much fun for me.
TO BE CONTINUED…